How do TB Spacers increase performance? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How do TB Spacers increase performance?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-04-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
Rapajez
2014 JK Wrangler 

How do TB Spacers increase performance?

I'm looking at adding a little hp/torque/economy to my TJ. My question is what exactly are Throttle Body Spacers and how do they increase power and milage? Also, will they work with a bored high flow TB?

What companies/brands would you guys recomend for high flow TB and TB Spacers?

Thanks in advance!

Rapajez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #2
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

they don't...

they'll change the sound of the air flowing in, and for the money you just wasted, you'll "hope" that means more HP or TQ...

now, for the TB itself, I would talk to Dan at www.thefastman.com and see what he says...I ran one of his on my 5.9L Ram and was VERY satisfied...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
Rapajez
2014 JK Wrangler 

Wow, great TB price. Thanks for the tip!
Rapajez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2004, 02:19 AM   #4
ZmOz

YES, they do work. It's a small difference so it is hard to notice - about 5hp. The main thing they do is improve gas mileage (a proven fact) and move your torque and HP curve down lower where you can more easily use it. Because of this it doesn't actually make much more hp, however, it makes your jeep faster. I would suggest swapping to a '99+ intake manifold, it is redesigned and it's like it has a TB spacer built in. It also has better designed runners....it's good for 10+hp and cost about the same as a TB spacer. The "swirl" that is machined into some TB spacers that claims to make even more power is worthless, so don't pay any extra for that feature.
ZmOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.