How do I know what a dana 35 looks like? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How do I know what a dana 35 looks like?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
tomanyprojects

How do I know what a dana 35 looks like?

I'm trying to buy another dana 35 rear axle but none are on craiglist. I want to go to the junkyard and pick one up. But how do I tell if its a dana 35?Also how do I know what ratio of gears it has?
1991 yj 4 cylinder 4:11 gears

tomanyprojects is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

If you can find a 4cyl YJ, it will be a direct match. All 4cyl wranglers have a d35 with 4.10s from the factory. Why are you having to replace it? Possibly time for am upgrade instead of replacing the same problem:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You want to know what it looks like? Photos here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/st...ations-452871/

How do you determine axle gear ratio? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fa...-ratio-615380/
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
tomanyprojects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
If you can find a 4cyl YJ, it will be a direct match. All 4cyl wranglers have a d35 with 4.10s from the factory. Why are you having to replace it? Possibly time for am upgrade instead of replacing the same problem:/
Thanyou..Well I just bought the jeep. And the rear axle is locked up. And I figured that putting a d35 would be the easiest. I just want to slap another one back on there without having to weld or anything like that. ( I don't have a welder) and I am just using my lawn money from last summer on this jeep so I am on a tight budget. But I am open to all suggestions. Also I have an ax5 on the jeep and it is bad to. I have a good ax15 just sitting in the shop. So my question is can I switch the bell houseing off the ax5 to the 15. And if I do that will everything mount fine?
Thanks
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure about the trans but for the axle, find a 4 cyl YJ and pull the rear. That's the easiest.

Edit: welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
tomanyprojects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
I'm not sure about the trans but for the axle, find a 4 cyl YJ and pull the rear. That's the easiest.

Edit: welcome to the forum!
Okay thank you. Help a lot

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.