How do i hook up my Quadra Trac? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How do i hook up my Quadra Trac?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
bearfoot
1977 CJ7 

How do i hook up my Quadra Trac?

I just bought a 1977 Cj7 with Quadra Trac. There is vacuum line off my axles about 3" long with bolts in the end of lines. There is no interior so no switch. Can anyone tell me how this all hooks up? And is there a kit to replace the lines and switch. I know nothing about Quadra Trac.

bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

There is no vacuum line on CJ axles. What you are seeing is probably just the vent line. There is an "emergency mode" for the qtrac that locks it together more like a traditional tcase. I believe this was vacuum actuated.
Unread 09-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
bearfoot
1977 CJ7 

So how do i hook the switch up? I dont even have one and cant seem to find one. That little lever on the floor wont move either.This jeep is my first and it come to me with a empty tub no brakes and a bunch of summit and rugged ridge boxes.
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

The switch is normally in the glove box. The shifter its probably for the low range unit.

That's about all I know about the qtrac. Try searching for a factory service manual (fsm) for a 76 -79 CJ. That would be the best source on how to hook up the switch
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
bearfoot
1977 CJ7 

Thanks for the help i see how that all hooks up now.Vac switch in glove box runs the vac switch on the tcase witch moves the shifting fork in diff lock and the lever is high and low range.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.