How do i get the most from a 2.5? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How do i get the most from a 2.5?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 01-25-2002, 12:21 PM   #1
Jeepin-J

How do i get the most from a 2.5?

Hello

I got a 2.5l engine and wish to get the most out of it. Can someone give me ideas how to increase hp and/or torque?
Thank a buch
James

Jeepin-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2002, 11:10 PM   #2
TJ Joe

I did the following to My TJ w/the 2.5 in it

#1,K&N air filter,
#2,performance exhaust system.
#3,removed catalytic converter.
#4,performance plugs,wires&coil.
#5,electronic fan.

My jeep runs way better the when I first got It....It is not as fast as a 6 but I can do 80 MPH. on the highway at 3,000 RPM. & get 19.5 mpg.And 21.0 MPG in the city & this is w/32x11.50 tires & a 3" lift...I am happy w/it.
My jeep sounds like it has four pissed off squirrels under the hood....Good luck.

TJ Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.