How do I figure out what Tranny I have??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How do I figure out what Tranny I have???

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
bigtom89
1988 YJ Wrangler 

How do I figure out what Tranny I have???

I am new to the world of Jeeps. I think I have the AX-15 5 speed but I was told the stock tranny would have been the Peugeot (88 Jeep with 4.2L). I have seen a Peugeot out of a jeep and it looks smaller in then the one I have. Is there a plate or number I can look for? I am replacing my transfer case and I figured I am going to replace the tranny seal since everything is apart.

Unread 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Peugeot is split-case. Has a seam running front to rear. Easy to identify. I don't think they were used in anything other than XJs though.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
My Jeep Technical Photos

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Post a couple of pictures of it on the Wrangler forum. Somebody will recognize it.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.