Holley Truck Avenger Carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Holley Truck Avenger Carb

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:01 PM   #1
badcj7

Holley Truck Avenger Carb

I have an 85' CJ7 with 304V8 built for off-road. The engine is .030" over with mild cam. I currently have an Edlebrock carb but it cuts out going up steep inclines. I have read about the new Holley truck avenger carb and they advertise that this carb will climb 40 hills. I was currious if anyone has bought one yet and tried it out on the hills. Please reply and let me know what you think. Should I spend the $400 for the Holley or do you have ideas on the Edebrock to help me climb the hills.

badcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 11:37 PM   #2
badcj7

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by badcj7:
<strong>I have an 85' CJ7 with 304V8 built for off-road. The engine is .030" over with mild cam. I currently have an Edlebrock carb but it cuts out going up steep inclines. I have read about the new Holley truck avenger carb and they advertise that this carb will climb 40 hills. I was currious if anyone has bought one yet and tried it out on the hills. Please reply and let me know what you think. Should I spend the $400 for the Holley or do you have ideas on the Edebrock to help me climb the hills.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Any comments on this one?
badcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
scramblr

I don't know anyone specific, but from all the testing articles I've read the holley lives up to the talk. As far as the edlebrock a friend of mine is running one and was having the same problem. We found out they make an offroad kit for them and got it. It was around $30 but made a hell of a difference so he is staying with it. Just my 2cents.

Anthracite Jeep and 4X4 Association
scramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2002, 12:18 AM   #4
NC74CJ

I run a street avenger 570 and i like it alot more than the edelbrock 1406. Spent 3 months jetting and adjusting the 1406 and never really liked it. Ive been too lazy to adjust the 570 because it ran that much better right out the box (only set floats, adjusted choke, idle speed, fast idle, and idle mixture). This is all on a new 304 that is stock, just a performer intake and headers.
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:25 AM   #5
Bulletproofcj7

Ok i finally installed that off road carb kit in my edelbrock,really easy to do! it seems to make a difference, i havent had a chance to find a super steep hill yet but it worked noticeably better than before on the hill in my back yard
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:09 PM   #6
Josh

Check out the newest issue of JP Magazine, they just put one in there Wagoneer Panel Delivery and liked it, ran good right out of the box, little big for the motor, but they had a 283?? Chevy in it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.