Hole in engine block under valve cover. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Hole in engine block under valve cover.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
CZ_Kid
1986 CJ7 

Hole in engine block under valve cover.

I'm getting back into doing some work on my 86 cj7 (inline 6) that I've been away from for some time now. Well among other things, I've decided to replace the valve cover and gasket. After removing valve cover I noticed there is a threaded hole through the engine block and I can see coolant pooling. This hole is fwd the block on the driver side under the gasket. Is the a problem? I have noticed some compression issues but haven't put much thought or time into this. If this hole is a problem, can it be plugged and if so what would be some plug options. Thanks for the help.

CZ_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
78FordF150
1983 CJ7 

You want to post this in the CJ forum for more responses. Sorry but I can't help much with this problem.
Paint it to match

My NP435 install [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/time-tranny-swap-upgrading-np435-1487201/[/url]
78FordF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
CZ_Kid
1986 CJ7 

Thank you partner, I didn't see that thread. I just posted as well as my other thread.
CZ_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.