High metals count in oil - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > High metals count in oil

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Lots of moisture ends up in the the crankcase, so it's easy to come up with water.

The earlier 4.7s (like my '03 durango) were famous for forming a brown oily foamy glop on the oil-fill cap.. the pcv valve was in the oil fill tube; the crankcase vapors would flow up the tube, the water vapor would condense, trap the oil vapors, and deposit on the coldest surface around (the oil cap). This mess would 'melt' on a long run (where the face of the oil cap would get very warm), and leave a brownish-reddish film. Which would then get the next layer deposited on it, lather, rinse, repeat.

That's just to say it isn't time to panic.

Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.