help please!! thermostat problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > help please!! thermostat problems

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
giuseppe420

help please!! thermostat problems

I have successfully drained and flushed radiator. I suspected a leak somewhere in the system so I started checking hoses and then came to the thermostat. After taking off the housing I saw that the gasket was broken in several places and tracked fluid running down the front of the engine. The problem is that I can not get the old thermostat out of the top of the engine. It looks as off it do sent come out but that dosent make any sense. Its a ,97 grand jeep Cherokee V8 5.2
Any thoughts on how to safely remove old thermostat?

giuseppe420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Its hard to imagine that the thermostat wont come out but they do get stuck a little sometimes. Just take some pliers and pull it out, or take a long screwdriver and pry on it a little.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.