Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-21-2002, 06:05 PM   #1
jessed29

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

I have a 88 4.0, it runs as good as any motor with 130000 on it but lately after I drive for more than about 20 minutes(like after its good and hot) and come to a stop it sputters and will barely stay running. Sometimes at a stop sign it even stalls. At higher rpms it is ok though...any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance

Unread 01-21-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
RPjeepster24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have idol problems latly on my 88 wrangler, but it's a 2.5 I found out that my computer wasn't doiing what it was supposed to do, maybe we have the same computer,I don't know, I happened to be running very rich and getting very bad gas milage, if those are your symptoms then it could be the computer not controlling the fuel that well
I am the owner of the "Jeepvette," My Life-Long Project is complete-Just in time for it to provide my new bride and I some financial relief, see the awesome video's and pics at my website: http://jeepvette.com/ I plan to get my wife and I a more family friendly Jeep, you'll understand if you go to the site : )
RPjeepster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
swack

my 88 did the same jessed29
im fixing the problem now going to chevy power! sorry jeepers

not much help here but i can relate

swack 88yj bigblock coming soon
swack is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.