Help! no acceleration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Help! no acceleration

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
ClayAnderson
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Help! no acceleration

The other day I was messing around in some deep snow and on the way to work the next day noticed that I had very little low end power. Acceleration takes unusually long and the rpms increase to approx 3200 before I am getting any sort of increase in speed. This is happening through every gear. I knew my shovel was packed tight with snow and ice putting pressure on my trans and tcase and holding them ridged. I cleaned all this out and the problem continued. I did find a couple drops of tcase oil in the snow that I cleaned out, it wasnt much and is not continuing to drip. The engine seems to be running perfect. I am going to change the tcase oil (I was planning to anyway before this happened) and keep a close eye out for that leak.

If anyone has any idea of what is going on here please chime in. Any thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

ClayAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum!!! If you had that much snow packed up under the Jeep I would look at all areas of the drivetrain down to axles and brakes. Something is hindering the performance.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.