Help! My Car won't move! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Help! My Car won't move!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
britebrenda

Help! My Car won't move!

So I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4. Last Monday I was hit from behind by someone who took off. So there was no way of me getting info. They hit my spare tire and so there was no damage done to the body of the car. BUT as i tried to accelerate the car just made a loud grinding noise and wouldn't move. I put it in park and as i switched from reverse to drive the noise got louder. I was on an uphill and on the breaks while I was hit.

The insurance doesn't want to cover because since there is no damage to the outside of the vehicle they are saying that they can't link the damages to the wreck. But my car was just fine and I have not had any previous problems. My question is, is it possible that I have the worse luck and that the transmission decided to die on me at that moment? Or could the hit from behind caused internal mechanical damages?

britebrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Transfer case is not fully in gear. Try shifting it a little bit either way.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Like said above, it could have popped the linkage loose or simply knocked it slightly out of gear. Be careful because putting trans in park may not hold the vehicle still and it might roll.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.