Help on 2003 Liberty TC Sensor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Help on 2003 Liberty TC Sensor?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
flyinbryan14

Help on 2003 Liberty TC Sensor?

I havent had this Liberty long and it is showing "Part-Time" on the dash...
But if it's physically in 2Hi does that pose a problem by stating "Part-time"? I keep thinking as long as the lever is in the correct position how does the sensor/indicator matter? Pardon my ignorance-rookie here! Thanks!

flyinbryan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
JCemenski

"Part time" mode is kinda like your all wheel drive setting. When I pull mine into the first click back, that's part time mode. That's you evdryday use setting, snow, rain, iced conditions and I use it for most off road settings only using 4 low past nuetal and back twards yourself is your 4x4 mode. NOT to be used unless you are totally on a loose surface. Not good to turn on dry ground with in this mode. Bad on diffs and such. I will go to this mode if I get Stuck or if I think somthing hairy enough, ill stop and switch in. Most times part time is legit enough and works great on the fly. Seamless. But on mine when i got back to 2 hi the light turns off. Are you sure the things actually going back in 2by or stuck in part time? Will your back wheels spin in 2by or will it take of like a bat out of hell. That's how I would check.
JCemenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
JCemenski

Its a solid linkage tho so if you have it in 2hi it will be it 2hi. And that's why I dislike pushbutton. linkage much more reliable. Your lites just stuck on f-it. It don't matter I don't think but I'm somewhat new aswell so good luck to you.
JCemenski is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.