HEI INSTALL 84cj7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > HEI INSTALL 84cj7

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
NickP84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

HEI INSTALL 84cj7

Hey everyone hopeing someone can help me out.
I just recently bought a 1984 Jeep CJ7 4.2 258 inline 6
as a project car and ive done alot of repairs already and am ready to
install this HEI Distributor I just bought and i need a little advice as what to do. I just replaced the carburator, unfortuneatly they gave me one with electronic feedback which i know you dont use with an HEI.
Carb i bought http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...4_104859_1879__ and this HEI http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...jeep/model/cj7. from the carb i have a fuel line going to the top of the engine block and one going to the vacuum advance. i hope someone can help explain how to put the distributor on properly and alos the connections i need to make to the carb. also carb is not recieving fuel since i put the new one on cause i havent been able to start it cause of the ignition problem, would this be because the jeep isnt on and fuel pump hasnt activated and if so would i just use starter fluid to get it going?

Thank you to whomever has time to respond and help it much appreciated.
Nick

NickP84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

Wellcome Nick, Your first post I see. Post this in the CJ forum and you will get a lot of info as a lot of the CJ guys run a HEI.
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
NickP84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Thank you!
NickP84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.