Heater problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Heater problems

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
shadowridr1
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Heater problems

This is on a 2005 wrangler LJ guys and with winter coming and two little kiddos I gotta get this fixed. I've searched on here a little this morning but this has got me stumped. Anyways here we GOOOO
Ok here goes. Found first winter issue with the jeep. My heater blows WARM air not hot. I let it run for about 15 mins. Then drove it home. I noticed it never got hot so I drove it around longer. Still no change in temp. So I went back to the house and let it sit and run. This has been a total of 50 mins now. The temp gauge is reading 210 and has been for a while. The air temp at the floor and defrost vents is still only warm. So while it was running I popped the hood and felt of the hoses. The heater core hoses were warm not hot which is good. Checked the upper radiator hose. Warm not hot which I thought was odd. HEY I just noticed my other hand was on the radiator cap. NOT HOT at all. So yep with the engine running and has been running for a full hour now. I'm like f$@k it. I opened the radiator cap. Nothing no steam blow off no water spraying so I stuck my finger in the water. Guess what ONLY warm. Not HOW IN THE HELL can that be when my thermostat temp is reading 210??? I'm pulling a major head scratcher here guys. WTF is the problem.

shadowridr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
RAWWWRaLION

Thermostat maybe? I'm kinda having the same issue Sept I don't get warm air even just enough to keep fog off the window.... (1999 Jeep grand Cherokee V8 limited) didn't get gutsy enough to stick my finger in the coolant tho lol
RAWWWRaLION is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
72gs455

Bumpity bump
72gs455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.