An header form HESCO, its a inline six cylinder aluminum head, - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > An header form HESCO, its a inline six cylinder aluminum head,

Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-06-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
arieljeep

An header form HESCO, its a inline six cylinder aluminum head,

Hey guys on the magazine 4WHEEL & off- road June 05 on page 114 they had this new head installed on a 4.0L on an XJ is an header form HESCO, its a inline six cylinder aluminum head, it give your XJ up tp 30hp for an 4.0 engine and in a 4.2 engine it will give up to 50hp more. Hesco Lnc. phone# 205-251-1472 -www.hescosc.com look it up
Dose some 1 know about this thing?? what do u think about it good, or no???

arieljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
digibus

Just to clarify that's a cylinder head not an exhaust header there is not a header in the world that will get you those gains. But yes you can expect to see big gains from the Hesco head only it's more like 20-25 hp on a 99+ 4.0 not 30. It's very expensive coming in close to $2000 depending on what options you go for but I think it's worth it. Not only do you get the power increase but you get a head that is 30lbs lighter than the cast iron stocker couter part. Not to mention the fact that you can even change the camshaft without removing the head. I just changed my cam by the way and it only took like 3 hours where as before it would've takin the better part of the weekend. If the price tag is too large there is another company out there making one that is nearly identical for around $1600. They are Patriot Performance and I don't know alot about them, but if you look around online you should be able to find them. I believe Summit was going to pick up those heads.......not sure though.
[B]1999 4.0 WJ Limited [/B] NX Wet EFI Kit;HESCO Head, Cam and Water Pump;Apexi SAFC2;Accel 24lb injectors;K&N FIPK; 2.5" Dynomax Ultraflow SS Exhaust; Dynatech Cat; Banks SS header;Custom 3" Head Pipe;E Cut-out;62mm TB & Spacer; MSD DIS-4; Jet 180°stat;H&R springs;Eibach Sway Bars;Brembo Rotors; Streetscene grill;E.L. Dash ; Autometer C2 EGT, N2O & Fuel Pressure;Edlebrock A:F Meter
digibus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.