Hard Start and Flooding When Warm '90 YJ 2.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Hard Start and Flooding When Warm '90 YJ 2.5

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
mroz
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hard Start and Flooding When Warm '90 YJ 2.5

Hey Guys, I need some help diagnosing an issue.

I've been working on my 1990 YJ 2.5 TBI and diagnosing a hot start issue.

The jeep seems to be running really rich when at idle and lean when at high rpms. Fuel pressure set at 10psi (prob a little low). It actually acts like it wants to die (sometimes) when I pull up to a stop. I do have an external pressure regulator and gauge set up. If I set the pressure to 8psi or less the issue goes away... but obviously, there isn't enough gas being supplied to run at load or drive very far.

It did have a faulty temp sensor and a dripping injector. After replacing those, she purrs great but the hot start issue is still there.Also, replaced the sparkplugs as the old ones were black.

It may be worth noting, that the TBI has dripping fuel, it appears out of the seals/screw of the pressure regulator (attached to the TBI). I'm assuming it's happening while running, but I can see the drip when the engine is off. Drips at a rate of about 2-3 drips a minute.

Any ideas/experience on this would be greatly appreciated!

mroz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
mroz
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Bump!

Nobody have any ideas?
mroz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.