had some battle wounds from offroad trip need help on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > had some battle wounds from offroad trip need help on

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 05-27-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
myrradah
2012 JK Wrangler 

had some battle wounds from offroad trip need help on

So went out trailing over the weekend. I had a heck of a time getting over some rocks and I know I smashed my transmission cross beam and the exhaust pipe just in front of it.

So, i definitely have an exhaust leak but nothing visual i can see. I can see I dented it and I think it may have did some damage closer to the headers - well sorta headers - on the pentastar. But def a leak. Anyone had anything similar and able to fix it or is this a exhaust shop job - no way i can see to get in there.

Also, I damage the transmission cross beam - obviously. It is not tacod or anything bad but I do notice a rumble at 2700 RPM no matter the gear. Is this a misaligment issue or is just my exhaust? Hard to tell.

My thinking is get the leak fixed first - then see if the rumble is still there. But if someone has experienced this before I would prefer to know rather than damage my transmission by driving it still.

Thanks!

myrradah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.