I originally posted this in the CJ thread as I normally have no posts in this one I failed to notice this one dedicated to Drivetrain (my bad)
I got this 1980 (by the code) Ford T 18 w/the 6.32 granny for $20 over the $50 core at my local wrecking yard as the gearshift was stuck. 5 seconds at a local shop with a large screwdriver down the gearshift hole and it was free.
This is my first attempt at rebuilding a transmission but luckily the T 150 in my Jeep is working fine so this project isn't urgent for the time being.
I craked the case last weekend and I found the First-Second Clutch Sleeve showed signs of wear on the beveled side while my cursory novice look inside the case I saw no other obvious signs of wear.
The Inner Sanctum
Close up of the First-Second Clutch Sleeve
The Shift Control Housing
I've found some posts on how others have rebuilt theirs but I'm thinking some information is lacking and/or inconclusive. Lacking a mentor (Mac of Macs Jeeparts) that passed away a couple of years ago I'm looking to the forums I belong to for help.
Initially I think I'm needing some new tools to add to my two rollaways Lock Ring expanders, Copper mallet etc. Any information of tools needed would be great!
Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.