got a dana 44 out of a 2008 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > got a dana 44 out of a 2008 wrangler

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
cargo33

got a dana 44 out of a 2008 wrangler

So I picked up a dana 44 for $150 out of a 2008 wrangler. Its rotor to rotor. An has a wabbly axle shaft on one side were it seems like they ran an unbalanced tire. Wat what all will I have to do to get this under my tj? I am assumimg the mounts r different?

cargo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
RWKHausSupply
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Wheel pattern is different.
Width is different.
Brackets are different.
Driveshaft yoke is different.
Gear ratio is different most likely (it should have a 3.73 or if out of a stick base model no tow package then a 3.21)
Brake lines are different.

So you need to address each of those.
RWKHausSupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
cargo33

Well f word. I hvnt went an picked it up yet but I forgot theu r different wheel pattern. I wonder if it would b worth ot for me to continue with this or go with my original plan of getting a super 35 kit for the rear
cargo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.