going to a v-6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > going to a v-6

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-18-2002, 09:09 PM   #1
Lavacrawler

going to a v-6

Well here it is...
I have optained a chevy 4.3l v6 out of a chevy astro van.(Actually I got the whole van) It runs great and is in very good condition. I'm thinking of swapping it into my 94 yj with the 4banger. What adapters would I need..(motormounts etc..)
Also what standard trannys would bolt up to the 4.3?
and if anyone has done this swap or know were I could get some info on it please let me know. Any help would be better then no help. Thanks guys!!!

[B][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.snakeriveroffroaders.com"]www.snakeriveroffroaders.com[/URL][/COLOR][/B]
Lavacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2002, 09:21 AM   #2
myrockfight

Hey there. I can't give you any help but I'm here for moral support! Whatever that is worth! I am fixin to buy a Jeep but can't decide on whether to pay the extra 2 to 3 grand for a 4.0 liter. Plus the insurance will be a bit higher - I'm ten months away from 25. Also I can't go four wheelin' due to a neck injury right now anyway. I'll be asking around about the same question though. I wanted to get the 2.5 and swap out for the chevy 4.3 when I killed the four banger (or just got sick of it). Hope we can help each other out. my email is myrockfight@yahoo.com.

[url=http://www.cloud9photography.us/]Airplane Pictures[/url]
myrockfight is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.