Giving out while driving. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Giving out while driving.

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Alleto14
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Giving out while driving.

When i am driving the engine seems to give out or lose power. It jerks and stops going. But when i turn the car off and back on it resets and wont do it for a period of time.

help me!!!

Alleto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Can you be more specific as to the driving conditions? Give a detailed account of what happened.

Fill out your user profile info as best as you can - it might speed up responses and solutions
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Alleto14
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thank you.
It's like the engine is losing power and won't go. It starts decealerating and jerking. Iv realized that when I turn it off it stops for awhile but happens again. Also I took a long drive yesterday about 2 hours and it happens many times. (midday) and when I left it never happened. (in a.m.) i have no
clue
Unread 07-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Wild Hare
1991 YJ Wrangler 

dirty throttle body, dirty fuel filter
Wild Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Alleto14
1995 YJ Wrangler 

okay i will take a look. but with the time of driving the other night it seemed that it could of been the temp.

Tags
electrical , engine problem , power loss

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.