getting sick of these tranny issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > getting sick of these tranny issues

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Stevusprime
2004 KJ Liberty 

getting sick of these tranny issues

I have an 04 jeep liberty sport (rocky mountain edition) 3.7 automatic

I am getting a grinding noise in first gear (sometimes it goes some times it just revs)
In reverse (when it goes) I get a pulsation like something is hanging up

The transmission was rebuilt back in april 2013 before I bought it...I have the receipts I was told it has a 1yr. Warranty on the rebuilsd but it seems I can't get a hold of the shop that did it.
Its my only car and I barely make it to and from work...
Are there any tests I can do or any ideas of what it could be?
I have a laundry list of codes but left them at work, I will post those tomorrow

Stevusprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
liberty , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.