gearbox question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > gearbox question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

gearbox question

I just got my first jeep and there has been a lot done to it but I dont know much about drivetrain. They said my 99 xj has 4:10 gears in it now. Could they have just put different gears in the original case which would have been a dana 30 i think, or would they have had to put a new one altogether on and if so what gearbox has 4:10 gears that fits my jeep? Thanks.

billb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4.10 gears can be put in any D30. Some four cylinder XJs came stock with 4.10 gears. First thing to do is figure out what gears you have now.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fa...-ratio-615380/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.