Gear questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Gear questions

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
matholland
1998 ZJ 

Gear questions

I have a ford 8.8 swapped into my ZJ I believe that it is out of an explorer.
Are the gears the same for all 8.8's, regardless of what they came out of?

I will be needing gears for both the 8.8 and a hp dana 30...have 33's and believe I will be going with 4.56's unless 4.10's are cheaper.

What kind of gears is everyone going with? I am somewhat on a budget, so obviously the cheaper the better, and also what about the install kits?

matholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
RWKHausSupply
1990 XJ Cherokee 

All 8.8" explorer gear sets are the same, except for the ratio. There is a high pinion rev cut 8.8 also out there, otherwise I would say they all are the same. Given the high pinion is a front, or a Currie High pinion 9" housing.
RWKHausSupply is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.