Gas mileage quandary - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Gas mileage quandary

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Edinadad
2006 WK 

Gas mileage quandary

I have an interesting quandary that I would like some help in understanding.

I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a V-8.

Recently, I spent a month working in Vail, CO (yeah, I know, such a rough life) and I was getting better MPG than back here in the Wisconsin.

My daily commute from Hudson, WI to Edina, MN is about 40 miles one way. I do minimal city driving, and I try and keep it under 75 on the freeways. I have been averaging about 15 MPG in the winter and almost 16 in the summer.

We did a lot of driving from Vail to Breckenridge and even to Denver a couple of times. I averaged 17.2 mpg even with all the elevation changes.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am trying to convince my girlfriend that we need to move out there to do some more tests.

Thanks, Dan

Edinadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Could be as simple as the type of gasoline available in the different places. If you are having to convince her to make the move, I doubt that 1-2 MPG improvement is going to be the deciding factor for her. Good luck.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.