gas getting into my oil - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > gas getting into my oil

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
farmer-dave

gas getting into my oil

I've got a chevy 366 motor that is getting it's oil filled up with gas. It happens pretty quickly and I've replaced a couple of fuel pumps thinking that was the problem. However that didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions or do I just need a new motor.
This is a 1976 engine with carburetor and a mechanical fuel pump

Last edited by farmer-dave; 01-17-2005 at 06:41 AM..
farmer-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2005, 05:45 AM   #2
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer-dave
I've got a chevy 366 motor that is getting it's oil filled up with gas. It happens pretty quickly and I've replaced a couple of fuel pumps thinking that was the problem. However that didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions or do I just need a new motor.
Might check your carborator or injectors if FI. Also, look at the spark plugs. If they aren't firing, then the gas has to go somewhere.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
farmer-dave

I picked up and installed a electric fuel pump today. I'll quickly see if the old mechanical pump was the problem. I'll post back in a few days
farmer-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
danmc77

Maybe it's blow-by. Could need a rebuild if it's not the mechanical fuel pump.
danmc77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.