Gas/air ratio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Gas/air ratio

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
tdeal74
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gas/air ratio

I have an 05 TJ, 4L, bolted on new air intake, throttle body spacer, stage one chip. I'm wondering if I need to reflash the CPU to ensure proper gas to air ratio. Sub question, new MAP sensor required?

Also, anyone running headers to a cat-back exhaust? If so, pros & cons?

tdeal74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeal74
I have an 05 TJ, 4L, bolted on new air intake, throttle body spacer, stage one chip. I'm wondering if I need to reflash the CPU to ensure proper gas to air ratio. Sub question, new MAP sensor required?

Also, anyone running headers to a cat-back exhaust? If so, pros & cons?
No, the current sensors should allow the AFR to run around stoichiometric (14.7)
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
tdeal74
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, so you went a lil over my head but if I understand you correctly, the CPU will adjust itself. In other words the electronics will do their jobs and correct the ratio. Thanks for the input!
tdeal74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Speed density systems can only make small adjustments to fuel trim and they only do that on a warm engine and other than wide open throttle (closed loop). Basically saying you can make minor engine enhancements, or add minor bolt-ons to the engine and the computer may be able to compensate as long as the oxygen sensor picks up the difference. The oxegon sensor is not used on a cold engine or during wide open throttle.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #5

I wouldn't worry about it. Those aftermarket intakes on most vehicles don't make any difference other than sound anyway.
444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
jeepter
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would agree just changed back from a cold air pod filter to the standard air box concerned the after market pod no suited too off road use with no differences apart from sound .. !
jeepter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.