Fuel Line Connector Crisis. NEED HELP ASAP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Fuel Line Connector Crisis. NEED HELP ASAP!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Fuel Line Connector Crisis. NEED HELP ASAP!

OK, Cliff Notes for story.
1. Replaced Fuel Pump

2. Plastic fuel lines between fuel pump and fuel filter had very rusted connectors.

3. Connectors would not come off and one appears to have a hole in it.

4. Jeep stopped making replacement lines and I could not find any leads on a part number to look for replacement lines. We did find one but it was the wrong part.

5. I need replacement connectors but not sure what im looking for or what size the fuel line is. Ive found replacement connectors at auto parts stores but all different kinds and sizes. The 3 rusted connectors are the push in type that go to a plastic fuel pump male end and plastic fuel filter male end.

Vehicle is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) with a 4.0L

Can anyone help me out or give me a step in the right direction. I need to get this thing on the road by Sat morning or else its not going to drive on the beach next weekend..
Thankyou
-Chris

Unread 08-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
4roadrage

Any chance you can get them from a scrapyard? I just did mine and all the connectors sealed up 100%. I think the line is 5/16s, but not 100% sure. Sorry and good luck !
4roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

I ended up finding a WJ at the junk yard that seriously looked like it had never been off the pavement and was washed twice a week. Lines had nice plastic connectors and came off easy! Jeep made it to the beach and has been running great since!!
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
4roadrage

Excellent news! Hope it runs great for a long time.
4roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.