Fuel Injector Cleaner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Fuel Injector Cleaner

Ford Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
RozZo

Fuel Injector Cleaner

Hey all, I want to know your thoughts on fuel injector cleaner. What do you think is the best or do you think it really works at all. I have heard that its great from some people and i had a shop teacher tell me once its a waste of money. I was told at auto zone that lucas is the best but most of the time they dont know there 4$$ from a hole in the wall. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
csmrugby

I have always used Lucas myself and it has worked great.
csmrugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
WMW0505
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ive always poured the rest of the can of Seafoam in the tank after i run it though the TB...seems to work well for me. i was reading in an Amsoil magazine the other day about some new injector cleaner they have, not used it myself but i was thinking about it. Has anyone on here used their injector cleaner?
D44 open
33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
4.56:1 gears
WMW0505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
75SV1

I used Redline SL-1 on a Contour recently. Can't say it made any difference. The car has other problems. It needs a new EGR valve. Odered on today. Anyways, its about $4 at Advanced Auto. On BITOG, some rave about it. I have tried Seafoam, and the car idled a bit smoother. Techtron is suppose to be good too. I think its $10 a bottle though.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Lucas is the best for a pour in product in my opinion. It's petroleum based compared to most of the others are alcohol based. 3M also makes a very good throttle body cleaner intake cleaner spray. The best thing, although it's expensive, is to have your injection system flushed with the professional 3M kit that has fittings that sort of look like tire valve stems.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.