Fuel Injection for 4.2 258? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Fuel Injection for 4.2 258?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-19-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
4x4 XJ

Fuel Injection for 4.2 258?

I'm about to get a '89 YJ Islander carbed. What companies make a FI kit for this 258? What hardware is needed, what is better, what prices, what has most fuel economy without sacrificing power. 200 miles per tank isn't working for me without going offroad...

BFGs
4x4 XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2003, 09:02 PM   #2
johny1i

I'm not trying to sway you either way because it's your money, but $2000+ is a waste in my opinion. The only reason I would even consider that is if I lived way up north and the cold-weather was hell, but with my $325 Weber carb and 30" tires, I get a solid 18 mpg, reliability, and as much power as I think is possible out of this prehistoric engine. I'm not saying that FI isn't better (it probably is, I'm sure), but how much better than that can it be, and for a $1700 difference?

Just food for thought--
Currently an '86 CJ-7 and a '77 CJ-7 Golden Eagle---#4 and 5 following a '01 Sahara, '90 Sahara, and '85 CJ-7....
johny1i is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.