Front rotor on 84 CJ7 HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Front rotor on 84 CJ7 HELP

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 06-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
GTNMUDY
1984 CJ7 

Front rotor on 84 CJ7 HELP

Need to replace the front driver side rotor on my 84 CJ-7. Went to the parts store bought a new rotor bring it home and started taking apart. After I removed the rotor and bearing hub it looks like it is a 1 piece item. The wheel studs are in the rotor and I cannot find anywhere on how to remove the bearing hub (if I can).

I went online and noticed that there are exploded parts views that show the rotor and hub seperate items and then also shown as 1 item.

The 1 item part is $250.00 the rotor is $35.00.

Does someone have info on how to remove the bearing hub or is it 1 piece?

Larry

GTNMUDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
GTNMUDY
1984 CJ7 

Figured it out. I just needed a BFH (big f'n hammer)

For those That need to know. The bearing hub does come off the rotor. It looks like the lug nut studs are pressed into the rotor, but they are not. They just pass through the rotor and spline into the hub.

What i did was to clean off the crud on the back side of the rotor. Used liquid wench on the rotor/hub seam. Let it soak for 1 hr and then use 2, 6 x 6 block of wood on the floor, then place the rotor onto the blocks with the hub between them. Then took a steel plate and laid it on the rear seal area and used a 4 x 4 block on top of the plate then hit the heck out of it. After 5 blows it came off the rotor and the lug nut studs fell out of the rotor.

Just place the new rotor on the hub, insert the studs and drive them into the hub.

It would be a snap if you have a arbor press, but dont have one and dont know of anyone that does. So back yard mechanics go to work

Be on the road in 30 minutes....

Larry
GTNMUDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.