Front end questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Front end questions

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 09-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
kornfanxx61
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Front end questions

Hi all, I'm running a 2001 jeep wrangler with a 4.0 motor automatic tranny and a Dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.10's rear and 3.73's front( I know I'm rebuilding my front next week) anyways I'm deciding to take a look at my front end because I have bad ball joints (got some moog ball joints ready to go in) and I feel like I should try and improve ride quality in nd get more heavier duty parts installed for rock crawling, so where do you guys think I should start?

kornfanxx61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
kornfanxx61
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have looked at a dropped pitman arm and a heavy duty tie rod kit as well, but is there anything else you guys can recommend? I have a steering stab already on but isn't there a stab you can replace the damper with?
kornfanxx61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfanxx61 View Post
I have looked at a dropped pitman arm and a heavy duty tie rod kit as well, but is there anything else you guys can recommend? I have a steering stab already on but isn't there a stab you can replace the damper with?
Forget the DPA. Upgraded tie rod (and maybe draglink) are good upgrades for rock crawling. Don't worry about the stabilizer/dampner. They are all pretty much the same. If you have a ride comfort issue consider what shocks you are running and what psi you run in your tires. Other things factor into it, but those are two big ones and easy to adjust.
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

What he said^^^^

Forget the DPA. It is not required unless you have a trackbar relocation bracket. Adding the DPA only will cause bumpsteer and the TRB is not needed unless you are binding the trackbar at the frame end (very unlikely and usually only happens with a stock TB on a high lift).

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.