Front driveshaft vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Front driveshaft vibration

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
hamor

Front driveshaft vibration

i've got an 04 Rubicon with The Rubicon Express lift. The 5 speed trans was replaced with a 6 speed. It has a bad vibration over 65. if i pull the front drive shaft it goes completely away. replaced the u joint and still there. anyone had this problem.

hamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
JeremyA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dd you get it figured out? I have been having front end vibration for months now and can not find it. I have changed the pinion angle countless times. Put new u joints and centering ball in the front shaft. If you remove the front shaft it goes away. I may have the balance checked on it next.
JeremyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyA View Post
I may have the balance checked on it next.
This should be your next step. If that doesn't fix it consider bent output shaft on the TC.
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
JeremyA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It was just way out of balance. Having the drive line shop balance it took most of my vibrations out. I know there is still a little in the rear drive shaft but its not that noticeable and the pinion angle looks good as well as the ujoints so I'm not going to worry about it right now.
JeremyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyA View Post
...I know there is still a little in the rear drive shaft but its not that noticeable and the pinion angle looks good as well as the ujoints so I'm not going to worry about it right now.
At what point will you start worrying about it? When the u-joints wear out? When the drive shaft comes apart? When the seals on the transfer case or pinion start leaking? Rotating parts don't like vibration and they will find a way to make their displeasure known.
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
At what point will you start worrying about it? When the u-joints wear out? When the drive shaft comes apart? When the seals on the transfer case or pinion start leaking? Rotating parts don't like vibration and they will find a way to make their displeasure known.
This.

Killed my front pinion seal and bearing by running too long with a vibration in the front.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.