front drive shaft and t case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > front drive shaft and t case

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
john126293

front drive shaft and t case

I have a 96 jeep Cherokee when I drive it at speeds of 5-15 I hear a loud sqeaking sound and its coming from the front drive shaft so I removed it. my question is what do I need to replace the u joints or the centering ball to get rid of the squeaking sound. well im going to replace the u joints anyways cuz my drive shaft was loose. also when I put my jeep in 4x4 I hear I loud knocking or clunking sound from under my jeep not sure what it is could it be a problem with the front drive shaft or is it a problem with my transfer case?

john126293 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.