Ford Fuel Injectors in the 4.0HO? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Ford Fuel Injectors in the 4.0HO?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 08-05-2002, 05:32 PM   #1
evilpsych

Ford Fuel Injectors in the 4.0HO?

Hey guys.. there's a rumor floating around that Ford Fuel Injectors are a direct swap in for the existing injectors on the 4.0 HO.. I've read this on two or three sites and want to hear from someone that's actually done it.

It sounds like a good idea to upgrade the stock injectors to ones capable of more flow.

When you add things like high-flow air filters, larger throttle bodies, and high-flow exhaust, I think we may be maxing the stock fuel injectors out and ending up with a lean condition in the motor, leading to early engine failure because of the increased temperatures.

If you go to a larger rate injector (the stock on the 4.0 is 15lbs i hear) then you can reach higher HP and torque readings than normal, especially if you're considering supercharging it.

I will try to get ahold of some 19lb Ford Mustang Injectors and let you know how it comes out. Anyone that's done this, please lemme know how it came out and your setup.

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2002, 11:30 PM   #2
91XJLimited

I've heard that the GT injectors do, but i'm not sure that the regular ones do or not. I have no clue if they are the same or not, but like I said, I have only heard of the GT injectors being a swap. I think they are 25 lbs.?

94 ZJ 5.2 Limited - 6.5" Teraflex lift, Clayton Long Arms, disconnects, 37x12.50 SSR's, Hummer Beadlocks, and more good stuff

[SIZE=4][URL=http://www.geocities.com/lovaboy1599/My_Jeeps.html][color=red]MY JEEPS[/color][/URL][/size]
91XJLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2002, 11:35 PM   #3
evilpsych

ok did a little more research.. turns out.. FI's on different years were different rates and PSI's from the fuel pump.. for mine.. the 25lb @39psi is what i need because the stockers are 23lbs or something..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.