Ford 8.8 vs Dana 44 rear axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Ford 8.8 vs Dana 44 rear axle

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ford 8.8 vs Dana 44 rear axle

I have done my research on the 44 and am just starting to consider the possibility of going with a 8.8 for my future rear axle swap.

For the price I can find a 44 with arb locker and disc brakes I feel I can get an 8.8 with arb and disc brakes for much cheaper.

Which one is better?

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Define better.

Price ?
Availability ?
Modifications needed to install ?
Availability of lockers or different gear ratios ?

Compared axle to axle, the differences aren't significant. They both offer greater strength and durability over the D35.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Price and availability of all the features I want; arb locker and disk brakes included.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.