Ford 8.8 gear pattern check - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Ford 8.8 gear pattern check

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ford 8.8 gear pattern check

My first re gear. I feel like the pattern is ok as far as pinion depth goes. Backlash is at .008. Just wanted to see how it looked to a more trained eye

image-4215235881.jpg   image-295941878.jpg  
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
jeepin82
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks to me that your pinion is too close. I would back it off 1 maybe 2 thousands check backlash then run a new pattern. Your coast pattern is not centered and your drive pattern is a little to spread out. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=144780 Here is a good link. I used it when I was setting mine up. Also make sure you are using a brand new set of setup bearings. I used a set of used ones when i did mine and when i THOUGHT i had it right i switched to the new bearings and ran another contact pattern just to be sure it was WAY off. Here is another great link It has some pretty good stuff in it as well. http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Gear_Setup/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.