Fluid leaking from dana 35-c - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Fluid leaking from dana 35-c

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
vfasburg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fluid leaking from dana 35-c

Hey, I have a 97 TJ with a Dana 35-c in the rear. I've noticed after long highway trips there's differential fluid right on the passenger side of the pig. It seemed to be more of an explosion than a leak, because there was fluid all over the surrounding parts. I assumed it had blown through the pig and onto the axle shaft, which is weird because on the Dana 35-c there is no real seal there. I found the overflow tube valve was clogged, so I replaced the valve, but that didn't change it. Now it happened again and I went nuts with a camera taking pictures of all the places I couldn't look at. One of the pictures showed two holes in the top of the axle shaft, near the pig on the passenger side. I have no idea what these are for, or how to make it stop leaking, any advice?

vfasburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
vfasburg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well I figured out why there are holes there, and it makes me feel like an idiot. I replaced the brake lines a while ago and used aftermarket which didn't have the seemingly useless bracket that the stock ones had. I don't know why they decided that those bolts should go right into the axle itself, but mystery solved I guess. Does anyone know what size these are? I don't want to have to go to Lowes and buy one of each billion different sizes to find the right one. Thanks
vfasburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axle , axle shaft , dana 35 , differential , leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.