Fluid leaking from dana 35-c - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Fluid leaking from dana 35-c

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
vfasburg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fluid leaking from dana 35-c

Hey, I have a 97 TJ with a Dana 35-c in the rear. I've noticed after long highway trips there's differential fluid right on the passenger side of the pig. It seemed to be more of an explosion than a leak, because there was fluid all over the surrounding parts. I assumed it had blown through the pig and onto the axle shaft, which is weird because on the Dana 35-c there is no real seal there. I found the overflow tube valve was clogged, so I replaced the valve, but that didn't change it. Now it happened again and I went nuts with a camera taking pictures of all the places I couldn't look at. One of the pictures showed two holes in the top of the axle shaft, near the pig on the passenger side. I have no idea what these are for, or how to make it stop leaking, any advice?

vfasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
vfasburg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well I figured out why there are holes there, and it makes me feel like an idiot. I replaced the brake lines a while ago and used aftermarket which didn't have the seemingly useless bracket that the stock ones had. I don't know why they decided that those bolts should go right into the axle itself, but mystery solved I guess. Does anyone know what size these are? I don't want to have to go to Lowes and buy one of each billion different sizes to find the right one. Thanks
vfasburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle , axle shaft , dana 35 , differential , leak

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.