FAQ - My gas mileage sucks - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > FAQ - My gas mileage sucks

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #76
jcgf1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Gas milage

Hi

hello my jeep is killing me with gas consumtion 260 kn per tank... new 02 sensor and injector rail was liking...till same problem.. but when i touch the injectors, rail.. etc... then i got 350 km... Please help!

jcgf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #77
wj47ho2004
2004 WJ 

My mostly stock fipk 4.7ho gets 13-14 mixed and 18-19 hwy. I run 91-93 octane. I installed plastic to block the about 3/4 the rad on this and my truck in the winter. The quicker it gets there and the warmer the engine runs, the better the mpg.
My old 94zj 5.2 got 1-2 mpg higher mpg after I did a electric ford super coupe fan mod. Much faster warm up and less stress on the waterpump.
wj47ho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #78
myjeep1
2008 JK Wrangler 

very poor gas mileage

I have a 2008 wrangler , 3.8 , manual transmission with only 30,000 miles . I am getting approx 12 miles/ gal. engine light is on so the dealer ran a diagnostic to detemine issue. they told me i needed front and back 02 sensors replaced , which i did. 30 miles later engine light is back on and no improvement in gas mileage.
any suggestions ?
Thanks
myjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
faq , gas mileage , improve mpg , miles per gallon , mpg , poor gas mileage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.