JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Engines & Drivetrain (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/)
-   -   External slave bleed screw (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/external-slave-bleed-screw-1565555/)

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 06:06 AM

External slave bleed screw

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I have read so many threads on this and I can not seem to find the answer to my question. Replacing slave on 97 TJ and the new slave has the threads for the bleed screw but is missing the screw and my old one is rusted on.... Where do I buy that screw? The lady's advice at autozone was to go to the dealer find out what it's called and come back tomorrow and talk to someone more mechanically inclined.. At least she was honest hahahaha Does anybody know what screw I need to put back in the new threads. Thanks so much

Holder350 08-22-2013 06:15 AM

Most auto parts stores sell brake bleeder screws which may be the same threads....but I'd say your best bet is to order one from the dealer.

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
Most auto parts stores sell brake bleeder screws which may be the same threads....but I'd say your best bet is to order one from the dealer.

She found a brake bleeder that seemed to fit but it did not screw very far down. I can't believe the new shave does not come with one. Confused.... I'll give the dealer a call in a bit and see if they have it

bobjp 08-22-2013 07:39 AM

I do not know the size of the bleed screw, but on my new cylinder that hole did nothing. I believe that is the case for many people on the forum. Does the hole actually go into the cylinder?

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjp
I do not know the size of the bleed screw, but on my new cylinder that hole did nothing. I believe that is the case for many people on the forum. Does the hole actually go into the cylinder?

It looks like there is something in there that might block it.... I read those threads and it seems like I might not need to put a bleed screw back in?? That's where I'm confused... I guess I can try putting it back together with out it and see of I can get the air out.. I was just afraid that hole would suck in more air without the screw in place

bobjp 08-22-2013 08:08 AM

Where did you buy the slave? I got mine from Napa. I didn't put a screw in mine, and it's been fine for about 2 years.

I took the cap off the reservoir, and pumped the cylinder by hand to bleed it.

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjp
Where did you buy the slave? I got mine from Napa. I didn't put a screw in mine, and it's been fine for about 2 years.

I took the cap off the reservoir, and pumped the cylinder by hand to bleed it.

I got mine from auto zone . It seems to me that nothing goes back in there. It's just confusing as to why the hole it there . Maybe it lets air out but does not suck it back in...

I'll see how it goes with out it

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 05:17 PM

It's not building up any pressure with out that bleed screw in.... Wtf the old leaky slave at least would build up enough pressure to make it work..

Holder350 08-22-2013 06:20 PM

Fill it up and let it set a while. They usually self bleed

Sent from my phone

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got it after pumping it for long time.... Thanks everyone ! On the road again ! Power steering pump sounds like its about to go though... Jeep problems

Holder350 08-22-2013 06:51 PM

If you ant working on it you ant driving it haha

Sent from my phone

lanky14TJ 08-22-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
If you ant working on it you ant driving it haha

Sent from my phone

Isn't that the truth ...

The time now is 04:46 AM.