exhaust manifold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > exhaust manifold

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-09-2003, 10:12 AM   #1
TJAggie2002

exhaust manifold

my exhaust manifold has cracked and is in need of replacement. i've been quoted about 400 for the part, and 200 or so for the labor. i'm looking for suggestions on where i could find the part online (hopefully a cheaper alternative) and how much of a pain it would be to do myself. thanks for any input.

Unread 09-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #2
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Thats been a problem with the Jeeps, cracked manifolds. Well I'd first look for a junkyard and maybe you can get one there. Then go searched through the web, but STAY AWAY from the dealership. They will hang upside-down .

Matt
Unread 09-10-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
RockPaws

I have replaced a number of them on the 4.0L, all seam to crack ing the same area. Usually around the collector or rear cylinder pipes. Cracking is a real problem.
I would either go to a Borla or Banks header. If they are out of you price range. I would go through the dealer for the "improved" version. You can look around on the web and get a lower than retail price on them. They can still crack, but it was susposed to be somewhat corrected. I have installed a few aftermarket versions, I did not like them at all.. and will not use them again.
While your in there replace the fuel injector seals and clean the bore around the injector. I have found them to get coked up .
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]01' Jeep TJ (Jeep #5)
3.5 RE Custom SuperFlex, Raingler, Kilby, Currie, Banks, Borla, American Racing, Custom mods, Always more in the works.
[URL=http://www.redrock4x4.com][COLOR=Blue]www.redrock4x4.com Rocks![/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=www.needhim.org/][COLOR=Blue]Need Him?[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]
RockPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 05:04 AM   #4
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

Ditto with RockPaws.

At least you will will get a little extra from the header.

LOL,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.