Engine wash car will not start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Engine wash car will not start

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
korro5
2005 WK 

Engine wash car will not start

Engine had hard start and will rev to 2000 RPM not above ,put through scanner code showing PO698 ,PO600,PO340,PO403 and PO107 reads I think the water went thro ECM or ECU ,will I be needing a new ECu or can it be repair please help am new to the forum also all fuses and wire connection had been dried and spray with WD40.

korro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Start by checking your Cam Position Sensor (P0340) and go from there. There are some things under the hood of a Jeep that don't like water.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
korro5
2005 WK 

still having issue with my jeep after changing the cam position sensor the jeep revir to normal but with only one of the fuel rail sensor wiring on, if the second rail sensor wire is plugged back the engine will stop and after scan its reading PO600, thanks in advance your help appreciated
picture-153.jpg

Unread 10-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
korro5
2005 WK 

fuel rail regulator sensor

grand cherokee 2005 diesel 3.0L CRD laredo. after having water damaged, cam shaft sensor change the car starts and its drivable for a short journey and it will stall, now we discover unplugging the second fuel rail sensor, the car is drivable for miles with only the main fuel rail sensor and can go up to more than 90mph but if you need accelerate quick in a short distance the car wont respond, the engine management lights are on. please any help or suggestions that will be helpful will be very appreciated.
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

This is why I NEVER wash under the hood. Some people say "Ahhh, I do it all the time! Nothing goes wrong!" but it only takes once.

Honestly, with electrical issues like that (caused by water damage) you should just get a dealer**** to diagnose it. You'll spend hours and hours trying to figure it out and you'll spend hundreds of dollars throwing parts at it without the right diagnostic tools and knowledge.
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
overland_HO
2013 WK 

I have washed under the hood on all my past and current vehicles at-least once per year, never had a problem yet. When the vehicle's engine is cool, I use a light spray with some light de-greaser, I cover electronics/fuse box's with bags/towels and just slowly and carefully go over it all. I do agree with the above comment of getting it to the dealer to diagnose the codes and other problems because as mentioned you could spend lots and lots of time and money!

Sorry to hear about the damage and problems to your Jeep!
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_HO
I have washed under the hood on all my past and current vehicles, never had a problem yet. When the vehicle's engine is cool, I use a light spray with some light de-greaser, I cover electronics/fuse box's with bags/towels and just slowly and carefully go over it all. I do agree with the above comment of getting it to the dealer to diagnose the codes and other problems because as mentioned you could spend lots and lots of money! Sorry to hear about the damage and problems to your Jeep!
Again, it only takes one time where you don't completely cover a connector and then you're screwed.
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Yes you are correct and I agree with that!^
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
korro5
2005 WK 

i wish i could take your advice to take the car to a main dealer this car is in a third world country theres no main dealers for jeep. Three quarters of time we buy these car in europe and ship it to africa but i knew about the electronics with these cars so i bought a scanner that would work the car and also because i can always get the spare parts from here europe or america, we scanned and this are the readings PO 473 sensor c reference vlotage circuit low+++,PO 087 fuel rail/system pressure too low, PO 600 Serial comm link malfunction. So we need someone who can interpret this codes so we can get the right parts to fix the car, help appreciated or any suggestion.
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

No interior serial communications in your PCM or in street lingo....you have 'smoked' your PCM;

http://www.dtcsearch.com/P0600/

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

If it were me in your situation, I would unplug every connector I could find in the engine bay, spray it out with contact cleaner, and reconnect it.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
KickboxingSloth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Distributer?

Eat. Sleep. Jeep. Repeat -O|||||||||O-

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.