Engine trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Engine trouble

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail *VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
codynumber7
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Engine trouble

Hey guys, a couple weeks ago my 99 Wrangler Sahara started jerking when I accelerate. I replaced the Crankshaft position sensor, but that didn't fix it. The other day the check engine light came on and I got a code P0306-- cylinder 6 misfire. Could this be causing the jerking?

codynumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
ledlis

Absolutely it happened in my truck about 3 weeks ago. I changed the plugs and the jerking motion went away. One of the spark plugs was cooked. It seems like the vehicle is about to blow up. I hope this helps.
ledlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
codynumber7
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledlis
Absolutely it happened in my truck about 3 weeks ago. I changed the plugs and the jerking motion went away. One of the spark plugs was cooked. It seems like the vehicle is about to blow up. I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot! I'll try that as soon as I can.
codynumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.