Engine swap: 2.5 to 4.2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Engine swap: 2.5 to 4.2

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
usmcyj90

Engine swap: 2.5 to 4.2

I have a '90 yj with a 2.5. One of my friends is buying an '88 yj with a 4.2 to part out. I would just buy the '88 from him but it doesn't have a title. I'm pretty sure I would have to put new motor mounts in mine. Don't think the 4.2 would bolt to my tranny, but would the tranny from the 4.2 fit in my jeep? Pretty sure I would have to have the wiring harness and computer from the 4.2 also, but not certain. Don't know if the gearing in my jeep would be ok with a 4.2 on it. Anybody ever done this swap, know someone that has, or knows how? It may be a waist of time and money but I'm going to have to rebuild or replace my motor soon anyway.

usmcyj90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.