engine swap, 05' NSG 370 with 98' 4.0L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > engine swap, 05' NSG 370 with 98' 4.0L

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
markborq
1998 TJ Wrangler 

engine swap, 05' NSG 370 with 98' 4.0L

ive got a 98 tj. i'm finally replacing my 2.5L and ax5 trans (after i blew up my 2nd ax5 trans). my question to all of ya'll, i bought a 4.0L out of a 98' tj with wire harness and ecu. and bought a NSG 370 6 speed trans out of a 05' jeep lj. is there any issue that i would have mating the engine and trans up? i've replaced engines and trans before but never swapped a 2.5 for a 4.0 any common mistakes to avoid in the swap? on a side note anyone need 2 ax5 cores... haha
thanks guys!

markborq is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.