Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Engine stalls at low RPM's

656 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  mukluk 
#1 ·
2010 wrangler unlimited 125k miles. Stalls at lower RPMs and when sitting at stop lights but only after driving for an hour or more. It will start right back up again and as long as RPMs are kept above 2000 will run fine. Originally thought I had a run or PCM relay getting weak/hot, changed them and made no difference. Then thought it might be the PCM but that doesn't add up to what the engine is doing. There is no MIL check engine light. Here lately it has been acting up sooner but then some days it takes quite a while before it dies. Now I'm wondering if an intermittently sticking closed PCV valve might be causing this issue. I'm going to change that today as with 125k miles it needs to be replaced anyway. Any thoughts? Any ideas?

#7 ·
What about an intermittent vacuum leak on the EVAP system. I've noticed that just before the stalling takes place the engine RPMs start to fluctuate a 100 RPM or so and it seems to stall quicker if there is a load on the engine like having the AC on or in gear sitting at a stop light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.