Engine sputter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Engine sputter

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 10-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
mslinger

Engine sputter

Have a 1979 cj 7 with 304 it was running fine one day next day it had lots of fumes but idled good but when you gave it gas it would just spudder but let off sum it ran ok would appreciate any suggestions on what to check

mslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
0125JeepGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslinger
Have a 1979 cj 7 with 304 it was running fine one day next day it had lots of fumes but idled good but when you gave it gas it would just spudder but let off sum it ran ok would appreciate any suggestions on what to check
same thing happens with our cj 7 but ours is not ran enough. what we did and helped tremendously was burned up all the old gas and filled her up with premium and the sputtering quit
0125JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
bobby4361y

My 79 cj5 304 does the same thing. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bobby4361y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
bobby4361y

Changed out my fuel pump, and now NO MORE missing! Pain in the butt to reinstall. Need 3 hands to install that sucker!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bobby4361y is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.