Engine idle question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Engine idle question...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Bkhager
2011 JK Wrangler 

Engine idle question...

I have read several posts and have not seen what seems to be my answer so I thought I would try here. 1996 xj 4.0. Recently replaced tps because engine stumbled upon acceleration and the would not start. That worked fine except now the engine sporadically idles low in gear at a stop light ( enough to start vibrating) and then when I put it in park it idles over 1000 ( I can sometimes get it to settle out when I rev the motor). Is this a tps issue, an iac issue, or other? Thanks in advance

Unread 10-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Have you checked the IAC? That would be my first thought to look at, might also need to clean the IAC housing ant TB.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Bkhager
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the response. It was that blasted tps, again. I have ordered a Mopar replacement finally!
Unread 10-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Oh man I got bit by the cheapo knockoff ones too. The damns thing fell apart in my hand when I replaced it with a Mopar one. Lessen learned, for sensors use the o.e.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.