engine detailing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > engine detailing

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Chub1122
1995 ZJ 

engine detailing

What do yall use when you detail and shine up an engine? I was thinking armor all?

Chub1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
jjmoonen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not a big fan of Armor All, or at least their old products. I have always liked Black Magic for interiors and rubber/plastic type parts. It seems to hold the shine longer.

Honestly I don't own anything anymore that I would show off the engine so I don't do alot of detailing under the hood now. When I did it was a good LOW PRESSURE spray and some cleaner (simple green or whatever you like). Wipe stuff down with some rags since the spray alone wont get it all and damn sure wont get the nooks and crannies. Then once that is all cleaned up, I would spray with whatever product you want to use for shining things up, be it Armor All, Black Magic, Company X's Special Sauce (yeah I made that up) and wipe again. Should last for a week maybe before it dulls out. Now this was for newer vehicles with lots of plastic parts. If its older stuff where everything is still metal parts then just clean like above and use something like spray wax or detailer (if painted).
jjmoonen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.